Personal Information Policy of the Website
This personal information policy specifies the terms related to the management and handling of personal information of members or non-members (hereinafter referred to as “the Users”) using the websites of Asiana Airlines, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as Asiana Airlines ), including “flyasiana.com” and “dutyfree.flyasiana.com”.
Asiana Airlines complies with all regulations on the protection of personal information specified in laws and regulations applicable to information and communication service providers, including the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, and etc. of Republic of Korea and does its best to protect the rights and interests of the Users with the personal information policy defined in accordance with applicable laws. The personal information policy of the websites of Asiana Airlines is as follows:
1. Items of Personal Information and Method of Collection
A) Items of Personal Information Collected
Asiana Airlines collects the following personal information to enable membership services, customer responses and other services for the Users.
▷ Enrollment in Asiana Club
- Required Information: Name (Korean and/or English spellings), gender, telephone number, address, ZIP code, e-mail address, nationality, country of residence, ID authentication number, ID and password
- Optional Information: Name of company, department, position- Information Additionally Collected for Enrollment of Members below age 14: Name, date of birth of guardian
▷ Registration to Family Mileage Plan of Asiana Club: Documents proving family relations
▷ Reservation of Flight Tickets
- Name of passenger, membership number (if applicable), date of birth (if the passenger is a child or an infant), telephone number, e-mail address (optional), gender
- Credit card payment information (credit card number and transaction authentication number) , account transfer information (name of bank and account number)
- Passport information (passport number, date of expiry, place of issuance and nationality)
▷ Use of Customer Center
- Name, contact information, e-mail address(optional), membership number (optional), date of birth (optional) and boarding information (optional)
▷ Remote Support Service
- Name, IP (Internet Protocol) address information
▷ Order of Duty-Free Goods
- Name of a person who places the order (or name of member), name of passenger, membership number or date of birth, contact information, e-mail address, credit card number, credit card authentication information and address to which the points reward and promotion gift will be delivered.
※ For non-members, Asiana Airlines collects minimal information, including the name, the date of birth and the flight information for the delivery of duty-free goods in flight.
▷ Participation in Events
- When it is necessary to collect additional personal information beyond what Asiana Airlines has collected at point of enrollment to participate in events, Asiana Airlines notifies users of the collection of additional personal information and obtains consent.
▷ Service Use RecordsAccess logs (gender, age range, membership status, etc.), cookies, IP address information
B) Method of Collection of Personal Information
Asiana Airlines collects personal information through the website enrollment, customer centers, boards and events. Users may agree with the terms of collection of personal information by clicking the "I Agree" button when they agree with the terms of the personal information policy or the terms and conditions of Asiana Airlines. When the Users click the "I Agree" button, it is deemed that they have agreed with the terms of collection of personal information.
2. Purpose of Collection and Use of Personal Information
A. Performance of the contract for services provision
Reservation and issuance of flight tickets, advance order of duty-free goods, provision of contents, ID authentication for financial transactions and financial services
B. Membership Management
Use of membership services, ID authentication, confirmation of intent to subscribe and processing of requests
C. Marketing and Advertising
Provision of information on new services, new products and events and statistics on service use
3. Disclosure of Personal Information
A. Asiana Airlines shall not disclose the personal information of Users to a third party or use the personal information of Users for purposes other than the purpose of the use of information specified in this personal information policy, without the prior consent of the Users, except when required by laws, government policies and government orders.
4. Entrustment of Management of Personal Information
Asiana Airlines entrusts the personal information of members as follows for better services, and defines the terms of entrustment of personal information management for the safe management of personal information in accordance with laws. The following organizations perform the following duties:
A. Organizations entrusted to manage information of Asiana Club
B. Organizations entrusted to manage services of Asiana websites
- Operation and computer processing of the websites: Asiana IDT, Inc.
- ID authentication: NICE
- Online payment services: KICC, KFTC, LG CNS, Korea VAN Service, Firstdatacorp., China UnionPay, E-context, Alipay, WorldPay, US Bank (Elavon), American Express, Discover
- Online ticket reservation: Amadeus IT Group, S.A.
- Ticket reservation SMS services: kt corp., LG CNS
- Gift distribution services: Home delivery service (Dream Logistics), SK M&SERVICE Co.Ltd, Daehong Communication, Inc.
- Customer Center, Domestic Flight Reservation, Asiana Club: Will&Vision
5. Term of Retaining and Use of Personal Information
A. Asiana Airlines holds and uses the personal information provided by the Users during the period in which the Users use the services of Asiana Airlines.
C. Asiana Airlines disposes information which was maintained for a certain period of time in accordance with the applicable laws, including the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions and etc.
- Records on contracts and withdrawal of subscription (term of maintenance: 5 years): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions
- Records on payments and supply of goods (term of maintenance: 5 years): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions
- Records on consumer complaints and processing of disputes (term of maintenance: 3 years): the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions
- Records on visits to websites (term of maintenance: 3 months): the protection of Communications Secrets Act
- Records on participation in events (term of maintenance: 1 year): reasons for maintenance of information in accordance with the corporate policy
- Remote support service (term of maintenance: 1 month): reasons for maintenance of information in accordance with the corporate policy
- Other records maintained: until the purpose of collection and use of information is fulfilled
D. Notwithstanding the regulations of the previous Article, when there is a need to maintain the personal information in accordance with the applicable laws, including the Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce Transactions or when the purpose, period, and specific items of personal information are defined and notified to respond to legal disputes including litigation or settlement of charges, Asiana Airlines may maintain the personal information of the Users.
6. International Transmission of Personal Information
Asiana Airlines’ reservation and transportation systems are operated and provided by the AMADEUS Group. The following personal information of customers will be transmitted outside Korea to the AMADEUS Group to allow for the smooth operation of Asiana Airlines services.
A. Personal information transmitted to
- AMADEUS IT GROUP,S.A (email@example.com)
B. Personal Information Transmitted
- Ticket reservation: membership number, passenger’s name, date of birth, gender, phone number, e-mail address.
- Ticket reservation on Americas Routes: passport information (passport number, expiration date, issuing country, nationality)
- Purchasing: card number, expiration date, transaction approval number (credit card payments), transaction number (bank transfer payments)
- Enrollment or Change in Membership Information : Asiana Club membership number, membership status, expiration date of membership status, Korean and/or English name, date of birth, nationality, address, gender, phone number, e-mail address, available Miles, number of boarding and boarding miles within the previous 2 years
C. Country, Date and Method of International Transmission
- Reservation Information : Germany, Transmission upon completion of reservation, Transmission between Asiana Airlines and AMADEUS via a secured network
- Membership Information : Germany, When enrolling or changing information via a dedicated network
D. Purpose of Personal Information Use and Retention Period
- Reservation Information: Operation and maintenance of Asiana Airlines reservation system, up to 5 years after transmission
- Membership Information: Use of membership services and retention of personal information until the end of the contract term or withdrawal of membership
7. Method of Disposal of Personal Information
The personal information of Users is immediately disposed of after the purpose of its collection and use has been fulfilled. Personal information saved in a digital format is deleted by using technology that prevents the recovery of records.
A. Procedure of disposal
- Information entered by Users for enrollment or other purposes is disposed of for the protection of information in accordance with the corporate policy and other applicable laws after the purpose of its collection has been fulfilled.
- The above information, unless otherwise required by law, shall not be used for purposes other than the original purpose.
B. Method of disposal
- Personal information printed on paper is shredded or incinerated for disposal.
- Personal information saved in a digital format is deleted by using technology that prevents the recovery of records.
8. Personal Information Rights of Children and Guardians and the Method of Exercising the Rights
A. Asiana Airlines shall obtain the consent of guardians when it collects the personal information of a child under age 14, discloses the collected information to a third party or uses the personal information for purposes other than the original purpose. Accordingly, a child under age 14 may register only when his or her guardian agrees with the terms of collection of the personal information of the child.
B. The guardian of a child under age 14 may request to view, correct, terminate or withdraw from the agreement in relation to the personal information of the child. Asiana Airlines, upon receiving such request, shall immediately take the necessary measures after authenticating the ID of the guardian.
C. The User or guardian may view or edit their own personal information or the personal information of the registered child under age 14. The User or guardian may also request the termination of membership.
D. The User or the child under age 14 may view or edit personal information via the My Asiana menu on the websites, or request to view or edit the personal information by calling Asiana Club Center (1588-8180).
E. When a User has requested the correction of an error in personal information, the personal information shall not be used or disclosed until the correction is completed.
9. Technical Measures for the Protection of Personal Information
A. Asiana Airlines takes the following technical measures to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, external attacks on and hacking of information, and aims to have the highest level of security in relation to the processing of the personal information of the Users.
B. The personal information of Users is secured using passwords, and all files and data transmitted are encrypted. Material data is protected using additional security functions.
C. Asiana Airlines uses anti-virus solutions to prevent damages from PC viruses, and regularly updates the anti-virus programs.
D. Asiana Airlines selects a security solution for the safe transmission of personal information, using the encryption algorithm.
E. Asiana Airlines uses a security solution that blocks external attacks to prevent the leakage of personal information of the Users through hacking, and monitors for invasions around the clock by installing the invasion detection system.
F. The number of managers processing personal information of the Users is limited to the minimum level, and the managers are subject to continuous security training and monitoring of compliance with the personal information policy.
10. Installation and Operation of Automatic Personal Information Collection Systems and Refusals
A. Purpose of cookies use
Cookies are used to provide personalized services by identifying log-in status, the language used and the number of visits to the website by Users. Users can choose whether or not to accept cookies.
B. How to refuse to accept cookies
Users may choose to allow all cookies, be notified whenever cookies are sent or refuse all cookies.
※ Illustration of cookie setting (for Internet Explorer)
Tools menu > Internet Options > Privacy Level
Users who refuse to allow cookies may not be able to access some services.
11. Processing of Suggestions and Complaints
Asiana Airlines enables Users to freely express opinions and raise complaints in relation to the protection of personal information. Suggestions or complaints submitted to the following contacts are immediately processed, and Users will be notified of the results.
▷ Websites: Customer Center ☞ Click
▷ Asiana Club Service Center: +82-2-2669-8180
▷ Online Duty-Free Shop: +82-2-2669-3434
12. Administrators in Charge of Management of Personal Information of Websites
Asiana Airlines will designate an administrator in charge of the management of the personal information of Users, and strive to protect the personal information. The administrators in charge of the management of personal information of the websites of Asiana Airlines are as follows.
The responsibilities for the management of the personal information of Asiana Club are specified in the personal information policy of Asiana Club.
|Website||Name / Position||Teams in Charge|
|flyasiana.com||Kim Kwanghyun / Senior Vice President||Passenger Marketing|
|dutyfree.flyasiana.com||Hyun Il-Jo / Senior Vice President||Cabin Commerce|
For reports or consultations on infringements of privacy rights, please contact the following organizations:
- KISA Privacy Center (www.privacy.kisa.or.kr / 118)
- e-Privacy Mark Authentication Committee (www.eprivacy.or.kr/ +82-2-580-0533~4)
- Supreme Prosecutors’ Office of the Republic of Korea (www.spo.go.kr / +82-2-3480-2000)
- Cyber Terror Response Center ( www.cyberbureau.police.go.kr / +82-2-392-0330)
13. Exceptions to the Application of the Personal Information Policy
Asiana Airlines may provide users with links to websites or materials of other companies through its websites. Asiana Airlines does not have control over external websites and materials, and thus the personal information policy of Asiana Airlines does not apply. Please check the personal information policy of any website you visit by clicking on a link included in an Asiana Airlines website.
14. Modification of Personal Information Policy
Modifications to this personal information policy will be announced 7 days before their application through the news section of the websites.
☞ This personal information policy takes effect on November 21, 2001.
Date of official notice: January 10, 2018
Date of revision: January 17, 2018
This Personal Information Policy is based on that of the official Korean interpretation, and in the case of any discrepancy, the Korean interpretation will take precedence.